Dr. Sebi’s “Green Food Plus” is a multi-mineral formula made with herbs from Africa, offering chlorophyll rich food for the entire body. Promotes good health and nourishment. Addresses the heart, brain, central nervous system and the blood. Designed to minimize appetite.
- Stinging Nettles
- Lily of the Valley (Now listed)
Dosage: 4 capsules daily
The “Green Food Plus” formula by Dr. Sebi is intended to provide a variety of health benefits. The following descriptions are based on the traditional uses of the listed ingredients:
- Traditional Use: Linden, derived from the Tilia tree, has a long history of traditional use for its calming and soothing properties. It is often used to make herbal teas that are have relaxing effects, making it a popular choice for addressing stress, anxiety, and promoting better sleep. Linden is also considered to have mild diuretic properties. It may also have antioxidant properties.
- Stinging Nettles:
- Traditional Use: Stinging nettles have been utilized for various health purposes. Rich in minerals (including iron and calcium), nettles have been traditionally used to support joint health, alleviate allergy symptoms, and provide overall nourishment. Nettle teas and extracts are commonly consumed for their potential anti-inflammatory effects. They have been used traditionally for conditions like arthritis and allergies.
- Traditional Use: Nopal is a staple in traditional Mexican and Native American medicine. It is known for its potential to regulate blood sugar levels, making it beneficial for individuals with diabetes or those looking to support blood sugar balance. Nopal is also recognized for its high fiber content, which may contribute to digestive health. Nopal also contributes to cardiovascular health.
- Traditional Use: Bladderwrack, a type of seaweed, has been traditionally used for its iodine content, which is essential for thyroid health. It has been employed to support thyroid function and address conditions like goiter. Additionally, bladderwrack is a rich source of various minerals and antioxidants, contributing to benefits for skin health and overall well-being.
- Lily of the Valley (Now listed):
- Traditional Use: Lily of the Valley has been used traditionally in herbal medicine, particularly in European and Native American traditions. Traditionally, it has been used with caution and under the guidance of herbalists or natural healthcare practitioners to address certain heart-related issues. It’s important to note that Lily of the Valley should be used according to known and recommended traditional use and guidance and with caution. It contains cardiac glycosides, compounds that can affect the heart.
Potential Benefits of the Green Food Plus Formula:
- Chlorophyll-Rich Nutrition: The formula contains ingredients that are rich in chlorophyll, a green pigment found in plants. Chlorophyll is often associated with antioxidant and detoxification properties.
- Heart Health: The inclusion of certain herbs, such as Nopal and Lily of the Valley, suggests a focus on heart health. These herbs may contribute to cardiovascular well-being.
- Nervous System Support: The formula mentions addressing the central nervous system, which may be attributed to the benefits of herbs like Stinging Nettles.
- Blood Health: Ingredients like Bladderwrack and Nopal are traditionally associated with benefits for the blood, including blood sugar regulation and overall circulation.
- Appetite Regulation: The formula is designed to minimize appetite. While individual responses may vary, some herbs traditionally have properties that may support appetite control.