Dr. Sebi had always stressed the importance of iron, describing it as the ‘spark plug’ of the body. Here are two simple recipes for homemade herbal iron tonics inspired by Dr. Sebi’s dietary principles:
Dr. Sebi-Inspired Herbal Iron Tonic Recipe:
- 1-2 tablespoons of dried nettle leaves (Urtica dioica)
- 1-2 tablespoons of dried dandelion leaves (Taraxacum officinale)
- 1-2 tablespoons of dried burdock root (Arctium lappa)
- 1-2 tablespoons of dried yellow dock root (Rumex crispus)
- 4-6 cups of distilled or purified water
- 1-2 tablespoons of a natural sweetener (like agave nectar, or date sugar), optional
- Place the dried herbs (nettle leaves, dandelion leaves, burdock root, and yellow dock root) in a large saucepan.
- Add 4-6 cups of distilled or purified water to the saucepan.
- Heat the mixture on low to medium heat until it begins to simmer.
- Once it starts simmering, reduce the heat to low, cover the saucepan, and let the herbs steep for about 20-30 minutes.
- After steeping, remove the saucepan from heat and let the tonic cool to room temperature.
- Strain the liquid to remove the herbs and any debris.
- If desired, add a natural sweetener (like agave nectar, or date sugar) to taste. Be mindful of the quantity, as Dr. Sebi often recommended avoiding excessive sugar.
- Transfer the herbal iron tonic to a clean glass container or bottle and store it in the refrigerator.
- Consume a small serving (about 1/4 to 1/2 cup) of the tonic daily as a dietary supplement.
Ensure that the herbs used are of high quality and safe for consumption, especially if you have underlying health conditions or take medications.
Dr. Sebi’s Iron-Boosting Herbal Tonic:
- 1 tablespoon of dried nettle leaves (Urtica dioica)
- 1 tablespoon of dried yellow dock root (Rumex crispus)
- 1 tablespoon of dried burdock root (Arctium lappa)
- 4 cups of water
- A natural sweetener (optional)
- Combine the dried herbs with water in a saucepan.
- Simmer for about 20-30 minutes.
- Strain the mixture and add a natural sweetener if desired.
- Store in a glass container in the refrigerator and consume a small serving daily.